- 4 cups of rinsed fiddlehead ferns
- 4 bacon strips, thick
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- For about 4 minutes, blanch the ferns in boiling salted water.
- When done, dry them very good.
- Prepare a wok or a big skillet and fry the bacon strips.
- Remove them when they are crisp and drain them on paper towel.
- Save 1 tbsp. of the bacon fat, pour the rest off and add olive oil.
- Add the ferns, stir them until they are coated with oil.
- When done, put them on a serving dish, add seasonings and sprinkle with lemon juice.
- On top, crumble the bacon.
Image author: Ɱ