This grilled mustard chicken breast recipe will produce about 4 to 6 servings. Before this delicious chicken dish is ready to grill, you will need about 5 minutes to prepare everything and afterward, you will need to let it marinate for 2 to 4 hours. Once marinated, you will need to grill it on every side for about 3 to 4 minutes. Don't hesitate, it's pretty easy to prepare this dish and I'm sure the end result will be fantastic.
- 1/4 c. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 c. coarsely ground mustard
- 1/4 c. German mustard
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 1/4 c. white vinegar
- 1/3 c. apple juice 1 peeled and sliced shallot
- 1 small minced clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- In a shallow bowl, mix everything together, except the chicken breasts.
- Add the chicken breasts and turn them twice to coat well.
- Cover the bowl and let it chill for about 2 to 4 hours, turning a few times.
- While the chicken breasts are marinating, prepare your grill.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the bowl and discard the marinade.
- Place the chicken on the grill and cook the meat until it is no longer pink inside, which should be about 3 to for minutes on each side.
For a side dish, I suggest you choose either grilled or steamed vegetables, combined with brown or wild rice. Eggplant, carrots, potatoes and beans are all great choices to pair with chicken and rice. As for beverages, a cold beer is always fantastic with chicken. If you are more of a white wine person, I suggest you try either Chardonnay or Sauvignon blanc. For red wine, Pinot Noir and Chianti are good picks. All these wines go really well with any kind of chicken meal. For non-alcoholic beverages, go with lemonade.
Author of the image: Howard Holley