This cheese pie is delicious and pretty easy to prepare, it requires about an hour from start to finish. I'm sure everyone will love it!
- 6-8 eggs
- Some mace
- A bit of white pepper
- 15-20 pastry sheets
- 2.2 lb feta cheese, minced
- A dose of thick bechamel sauce
- First, you make the bechamel sauce (Mix: 10 tablespoons of flour, 3 glasses of milk and 7 tablespoons of butter), let it cool and stir often.
- Take a cooking bowl and put in feta cheese, add the bechamel sauce, salt, white pepper, eggs, mace and mix them very well.
- In a buttered griddle lay half of the pastry sheets and butter each sheet.
- Once done, put in the filling you prepared earlier.
- Take the rest of sheets to cover and cut off any edge.
- Sprinkle the edges of the bottom crusts with some milk, then stick both together.
- Butter the surface and cut it into triangular shapes.
- Bake the cheese pie for half an hour or until the surface is nicely brown.